Friday, May 15, 2009

Ode to dejunking or The Ballad of the Lonely (but HAPPY) Stuff Collector

Another week has gone by,
I made another trip to the DI
Will the end ever come-it's getting rough
Trying to get rid of all this stuff'


The entertainment center and a box of stuff
If anyone wanted it that's just tough.
An old TV that I got for Dad
It too will be gone-won't you be glad.

Six boxes of books, one old Christmas tree
One bag of clothes that no longer fit me.
Some good carpet pad and an old water bed
You'll thank me later-maybe not til I'm dead.

I love getting rid of all this fluff
I'm only keeping valuable stuff
Organized with no need to hide
All because your Grandma died.
The entertainment center, carpet pad and tv weren't in the picture but they are going tomorrow. I didn't want to move them myself. The playroom is looking so good. I can hardly wait for the junk man to come and get all that stuff.
The only reason I put Lonely stuff collector was I wanted someone to offer to come and help me get rid of all the stuff--hint, hint, HINT.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Love the ode...even if it is a little morbid with all that death talk. :D

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

Now you can stop having any thoughts of dying on just so you can hear thanks...

Kimber said...

Yeah, too much death involved in this cleaning project. But it was an informative ode. (Are you really lonely? I thought you were enjoying the empty nest)

And I agree with Kate: THANK YOU for making it simpler for us when the time comes. It just better NOT come for a VERY LONG TIME!!

Jessica said...

I would love to come help but, well, you know, it a little far.

KJBBBG said...

Love the poetry. Sometimes it does the trick to describe just how you feel. Won't you agree?

I'm happy for you that so much is getting done. Happy I get to see the progress soon.

I want to buy a plane ticket and come. By myself even. It would be awesome.

Cami Sue said...

I'm sad your momma died but it is a good reminder that we don't take any of that stuff with us. Thank you for taking care of it LONG before you are gone. With the way you guys are getting in shape I suspect that it's going to be awhile before we have to worry about going through your stuff without you.

It probably wouldn't hurt any of us to go through our own stuff - none of us know when we will die so better us than someone else who values our things less.

I also love the Ode. I didn't realize you were such a great writer. I'm totally impressed.

I would come help but as I'm not supposed to lift anything and I'm packing my own house - I don't know that I would do more than "supervise". Wish I could help though. I love cleaning out stuff and seeing the progress afterwards. I'm excited to see all you've done when we come visit.

Johnny Snaks said...

sink me... the ladies a poet!

Good job Momma! I am so proud...hmmm... well pleased in your progress!

Old people, though slow and dangerous behind the wheel, still can serve a purpose...

Sorry couldn't resist!

Love ya momma

~*Autumn*~ said...

The poem was very creative and really painted the picture of all the stuff you're dealing with. Thank you for sharing it! I hope it is done before you know it!