Saturday, August 22, 2009

Garage Sale Day

So. A lady here in town decided to try and organize a community yard sale. I decided to participate but just set up at our house. It was to last Fri and Sat. Friday I had people at the sale before 7:30 a.m. Throughout the day I had a lot of people stop but not many bought. I decided that since I needed to be out there when people stopped but it was too hot to sit outside that I would sit in the playroom where it was cool and tear denim strips. I started out with the 21 boxes in the first picture and with two days of a not very --who am I kidding- A lousy sale--I did get all the denim stripped and into the five boxes in the second picture. It is a project I really wanted to do but never stopped to do but said I will do it in the winter. Now it is DONE--except for sewing them all together

The ongoing project continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

~*Autumn*~ said...

Congrats and it seems that you did a LOT of working while sitting and being available for those that wanted to stop in. Good job!

KJBBBG said...

WOW! The picture really helps to see the difference of 21 boxes to 5. Good job getting another project done. How goes the Ebay listing for the rest of the clothes?

I feel like any time I actually clean something, three things come back in that same place. Never ending piles of who knows what. I guess I need to get rid of the desk that just gets things cluttered on it.