Friday, August 14, 2009

Jared's Big Day

Tuesday evening Aug. 11, 2009 Jared was set apart as a missionary. He was given a beautiful blessing by the Stake President Randy Buxton. Jared then bore a wonderful testimony that he knows he is doing the right thing at this time in his life and of his love for his Savior.
We left early Wednesday morning to go to Provo. We stopped at Kara's where Dad and Jared were able to give Kara a blessing at her request. We then left for Provo and made the very quick run through at the MTC. We simply drove in where we were met by two elders. They ask Jared where he was going and when he told them the Phillippines they were excited because they are both going to the same place and told him that he would I think that made Jared feel a little more comfortable. We hugged goodbye and he was gone. We were there less than 5 minutes. I can hardly wait to get his first email and hear how it is going. He was really nervous but hopefully he has been too busy to think about home.( and Steph)

This was the picture we took at Kara's before we went to the MTC.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for stopping to see me. Let us know what he says when you get that email.

KJBBBG said...

Wooohooo. He's off! It was a happy goodbye right, I mean really what you wanted for him just bittersweet since he's your baby?

I'm glad you got the picture and blogged for all to see.

Love you!

Kate said...

I still can't believe that he is really gone. I think he is prepared though...I could tell when we went through the temple with him that even though he was nervous, he was ready.

Keep the updates coming since even if I write him I'm probably on the lower end of his return letters. :D

~*Autumn*~ said...

I am so proud of him and I am glad he's started this 2 years of this part of his life. The picture was special. :)